Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A spiritual life does not equal a religious life.

Spirituality is about little things, and big things.
Of course, its about connecting with the BOSS.  I feel enormous, a part of the UNIVERSE. 
But, even when I'm tired, after a long day, if it was a day of my full effort, I can feel good that it was spiritual.
If I saw the beauty even in another Oregon rainshower, I'm being spritual.
If I didn't yell today, even though I WANTED to, I'm being spiritual.
Fatigue can rub a person out, or it can rub away all of the distractions of life and let me focus on me and my G-d and me and you, and who and what I really am and what I really feel.   When I use my fatigue this way, I'm being spiritual.

Spirituality is purpose-oriented, not process-driven.
Writing an entire "piece" is task-oriented, not purpose-oriented.  Writing because its good to be honest outside of myself, on the screen, so I can see it, and you can see it-- that is purpose-oriented, and hence, it's spiritual.

Isn't it clear that  a life lived spiritually, is not the same as a religious life?

No comments:

Post a Comment