Monday, March 21, 2011

My memory

A nice thought- my memory is good, its just too short. 
 
A poem: 
I began to pray, thinking about what I had done, and said, "Oh Lord, bless everyone.  And lift from each heart the pain, and let the sick be well again." 
And then the next day when I did awake, I carelessly went on my way. 
The whole day I did not try to wipe a tear from any eye.  I did not try to share the load of any brother on the road.  I did not even go to see the sick man just next door to me. 
Yet once again when I thought to pray, thinking of what I had done,
I prayed, "Oh Lord bless everyone." 
But as I prayed, to my ear, there came a voice that whispered clear: 
"Pause, Zvi, before you pray, whom have YOU tried to help today?" 
 
Hashem's sweetest blessings always go to hands that serve Him here below.
 
(anonymous i.e. no attribution, on a placemat on sale at a 12-step program, and adapted by myself)

No comments:

Post a Comment